Sunday, May 10, 2015

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, The Woks is 35 years old and more

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Kim Jong Un Debuts Sculptured New Haircut And Trimmed Eyebrows

Posted: Updated:




Embedded image permalink



 A hair raising tale and how the awesome hairdo was made.
California's sever drought is getting critical:

5/1/2015 Orinda News
What happened in March?
3/1/2015 Orinda News
What happened in April?
4/1/2015 Orinda News
The Woks

After I published the post, Fresh off the Boat (FOB) and Popstickers. I received many inquires about the status of The Woks, the comic strip which I signed with now defunct Trans World News Services in 1979. Fifteen years later, in 1994 I updated the strip, changed the title to Popstickers and tried to publish to no avail. I begun to realize that the concept of a comic strip about an immigrated family in the US would still be way ahead of its time.

For years, I kept the original strips in the closet without showing them around because I felt the strips and the characters were so outdated and my drawing style and subjects matters have also changed drastically. I chose to redirect my career as an Architect and being a family man.

I am now encouraged by the success of FOB, it seems that people in the US are ready to accept foreign and diverse topics. I decided to dust off the copies and publish the complete set of The Woks comic strip which I submitted to the syndication in the 70's. Admittedly, some topics in the strips are so old and younger generations now may have no clue about how people could actually survive without computers, tablets, smart phones or social networking.












 

No comments:

Post a Comment